21.Apr.2010 BOB ROST GIVEN JOB?

KNOX is running a series of interviews with the candidates for Grand Forks Sheriff in the afternoons (channel 1310).   Today Bob Rost was on, and I would say I was disappointed in his performance.   Bob stated he never ran against Dan Hill because he "didn’t want to run against someone who GAVE him a job."

My thoughts is that no one really should give you a job, you EARN it.  Especially in public service.  And if you earned it, you have every right to work for the next level up the ladder.   The fact that Bob didn’t shows he did not have the confidence that he could do a better job then Dan Hill, and thus probably is not going to be a great sheriff now either.  Don’t get me wrong, Bob is a nice guy and I wish him the best, but his failure to run until Dan HIll retired shows he is a bit of a whimp, and is that the type of personality you want in charge during a crisis situation?

Speaking of crisis, I go up to bat this Friday afternoon at 2 p.m. and no doubt every feminist in the state will want to get their licks in on me.  So, if you want to hear a good Riemers roasting tune in.  Better yet, feel free to take my place.  :-)

Bob also announced there was a meet the sheriff candidate forum at the County Office Building the evening of the 20h of May. I had not heard of this yet, so I suppose I am NOT invited?

Speaking of Riemers on the ballot, this is the first time in histroy there will be two Riemers on the ballot.  Me for sheriff, and my son Richard for State Treasure under the Libertarian ballot.  When you vote June 8th, please turn the ballot to the back side and vote for the Libertarian candidates.  If they fail to get the minimum number of votes they don’t get to appear on the November ballot.  As third party candidates appear on the back of the ballots, it is very difficult to get the minimum.

Lastly, I was surprised today to see Ann Black has started going great guns putting up some signs.  Still don’t have the faintest idea who she is or what she is, but I do have the suspicion she is running to balance me being on the ballot.  I found it cute that on her signs she has a large star in two letters of her last name.  They look almost like the pasties one would see on a stripper?  I wonder if that is what they are suppose to represent here?

Oh, I did do a political pole today as well, and it looks like I have a good chance of coming in a strong 7th place in the primary.

But, one can not do the serious things all the time, so this afternoon I made a trip out to Larimore and visited my ultralight airplane which has been in storage all winter.  Dusted out my hanger and cleaned off the plane.  Connected the electrical and gas systems back together and after about 5 attempts got the good old dependable Rotax to fire up.  Although this plane is going to be the death of me yet.  It took me 3 years to finally get it to fly at all in 2009, but she still flies like a ton of bricks.   Everything looks fine, and with its horsepower it should climb like a rocket. But something basic is screwed up and none of the experts I have consulted have a clue to what it is.

Roland

There are 8 Comments to "BOB ROST GIVEN JOB?"

• Haywood says:

Although I agree with your first statement about Bob Rost, I find other parts of your post very sexist and outright absurd. I find it very interesting that when refering to the first female canidate on the ballot that you refer to pasties which are typically associated with strippers. There is no doubt in my mind that this is one of the reasons that you are looked at by 96% of GF County as someone that we could do without.

As I drove west towards the GFAFB I could not help but to almost choke on my pop as I passed your ugly ass barn. I know you may be on a bit of a budget for your campaign, but for God sacks a fricken barn? Are you kidding me?

I also saw your sign on South Washington. It seems that you pasted together 3 or 4 different signs to make one. Was it art time at the Riemers household? Because if it was, you FAIL!

Please do us all a favor and show some respect towards the other canidates. Maybe if you were to do that, then people wouldnt have such a problem with your campaign eithics and may even grab an extra vote.

Sincerely,

Your Friend…

Haywood

• smart_enough_not_to _give_my _real_name says:

Hey fucktard, did you ever notice how the star is a symbol of the office of sheriff? Prolly not. You are too busy painting your pole barn and re-parking your groovy van. Good Luck with that.

• Roland Riemers says:

In response to the comments, the sheriff star is 6 pointed, and Blacks are 5 pointed, and in any case, do not seem to have anything to do with the office she is seeking. My impression from a distance was they do remind me of pasties. But, maybe that is what she wanted to get the message out that she is a female candidate? In truth, the professional sign designer just probably thought they looked cool and added them in. Please note, her signs are also illegal under ND law as they don’t contain a disclaimer on them.

In regards to my low cost signs, no they are not several signs put together. They are old governor signs that have been painted over for sheriff. I ended up with several hundreds of these left over from the last campaign, and with my low budget, I have to make use of whatever resources I have. If you want a better class of sign I would be glad to accept your contribution for their purchase.

I normally don’t delete comments, even if I don’t agree with them, but “smart_enough” almost crossed the line. I don’t like grade school name calling, so if you cann’t use polite english please go to someone else’s blog.

Roland

• hero says:

No, the sheriffs star is a five point though the deputies is six sided. Are you sure you are running for sheriff or what? google it on the internet and look at the photo of Dan Hill who is I believe the SHERIFF and his star is five pointed. But you live in your own little world, and have your own little dreams and play with your own little toys.
    I saw one of your signs on the railroad tracks today. I thought it was illegal to post on BNSF property. They won’t be too pissed though, they are used to graffiti covering up their property like it was covering your sign.
    I suppose the American flag reminds you of pasties too. Yeah you lost so many elections but still have not gotten the hint, have you. I need to get you tissue I suppose because someone can’t use polite enough english, huh? well guess what, you hint towards stripper with the pasties comment, you drive a chomo van, you mentioned taking a pole (not poll) of your own, and the courts deemed your children would be better off with their mom. HMMMM I wonder what would make them think that. This lady is making her mark in a good way, being a pioneer for all women and trying to be a community leader. There has never been another woman in ND to run for sheriff. She has honorable intentions, pick on someone else in the race and see if they retalliate. She obviously has too much class.

• hero says:

hey smart enough, dont be scarred of leaving your real name if you want to he will NEVER have the power to hurt you or retalliate. I don’t know who he thinks he is kidding.

• A Black Fan says:

You sexist jerk what makes you think you have a snowballs chance in hell of becoming sheriff??
    You are making a fool of yourself yet once again!
    We don’t need a woman hating pig with a gun running loose in the county. Please do us all a favor and quit with a little dignity while you still can!!!

• D. Lewis says:

Rooooooooooolaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand!

I driiiiiiiiiiiink yoooooouuuuuuuur miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilkshaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake!

I drink your milkshake.

I. Drink. Your. Milkshake.

I. D. R. I. N. K. Y. O. U. R. M. I. L. K. S. H. A. K. E. !.

Roland. I drink it. I drink your milkshake. I drink it. Roland.

• Anonymous says:

By the way, GF County’s badge is a FIVE-pointed star, not six, not seven, not four, etc. The badge is the same for everyone, Deputy, Corporal, Sergeant, Lieutenant, Captain, Major, Sheriff. How is it, exactly, that you apparently do not know the slightest operational detail about the Office you aspire to be elected to?

Write a Comment